After the Fire - Naumkeag Steam Cotton Company Complex, Survey Map
Originally surveyed on September 20, 1911, this map of the Naumkeag Steam Cotton Company complex was redrawn to identify the two buildings that were not destroyed during the fire - the No. 1 Storehouse and the No. 10 Storehouse. These buildings survived because of their fireproof construction. The map was published in the Fire Report, Index #12375, submitted by Fire Inspector Charles H. Smith. Smith inspected the Naumkeag ruins on June 26. He worked for the Association of Factory Mutual Insurance Companies of Boston, Massachusetts.
Fire investigation; Fireproof building; Naumkeag Steam Cotton Company, Salem Mass.; Smith, Charles H.
The Phillips Library at the Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Massachusetts
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection must be submitted in writing to the Reference Librarian in the Phillips Library at the Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Massachusetts.